Sunday, May 31, 2009

An Angel ............



 I was sleeping that night when someone whispered my name into my ears. It felt like a cool breeze of air passing through my whole body and gave me goose bumps. In a moment’s time the celestial tone again whispered my name. This time I was awake and alone in the room. She was in the air besides me. I looked at her eyes. They were swollen and still wet. Who is she? How did she get here? I was deeply engrossed in my questions when she spoke again. The voice was indeed heavenly but I was not able to hear her clearly. It felt as if she was speaking to me from the room next door. Without panicking I tried to calm myself and I kept saying aloud –“There is nothing to be afraid of”. I heard her weeping. I tried to touch her but failed to feel her. Was it an illusion or a practical joke? I was stunned.

                                                                                                                  There was this strange feeling creeping in even though I had just met her it felt as if I have known her forever. I was lost in that moment. I went closer to her. The eyes had gone red. This was certainly not an illusion. Ask me how it felt being a witness to nirvana. She whispered again and this time her voice unlocked my hidden feelings. I started crying too. Who was she? A bright light amidst my vivid thoughts. She had an agenda-Love. She wept again, came closer to me and kissed me on my forehead. When she touched me I could feel the same warmth but was not able to know whose touch was that. She didn’t make noise when she flipped her wings. I tried to grab her hand because I was afraid to loose her but why? I didn’t have an answer. When I woke up in the morning I didn’t remember anything. As the day passed I came to know that I had lost someone very close to me. I rushed to my room and jumped to the bed and started howling. That’s when something caught my attention. There was a feather kept beside my pillow. Nobody knew from where it came from. But my soul knew whose feather was that. Why was the angel crying last night. That was not an illusion but a farewell by my love  for me. That is when I realized that the sweet soul who love and protect us are our guardian angels. They are our friends and family. That night a member of my family left all of us and had come to me to bid me goodbye.

I still cherish that feather !!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment